Who doesn’t love a moist, rich, not single but DOUBLE chocolate cupcake? Well, no one that I know, anyway! The thing is, when you want chocolate, you want it guilt free! And now, you can have just that.
My mentor, Leanne, created an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G cupcake recipe that is not only low carb, it is gluten and dairy free. Impossible for it to be all that and good at the same time? The only way to find out, is to try it! Double. Dog. Dare you!
Keto Cupcake Recipe
Only 4.5 Net Carbs per Serving!
1/4 cup cocoa or cacao powder
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon Himalayan rock salt
1/4 cup unfiltered honey
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
2 tablespoon apple butter
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup finely shredded zucchini
1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips, cacao nibs, or carob chips
Get ready for extreme deliciousness in one great cupcake!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cocoa powder, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, honey, oil, apple butter, and vanilla until incorporated.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix with a wooden spoon or spatula until just mixed.
- Using your hands or by wrapping it in a towel, squeeze moisture out of the zucchini before adding it to the mixture.
- Add zucchini and chocolate chips to the mix evenly.
- Place 12 medium muffin liners in a muffin pan and spoon the mixture into each tin so they’re about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake on the middle rack for 23-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before serving.
These nutritional facts are estimated based on the specific ingredients I used and will vary if any are substituted. I like to use the MyFitnessPal app to get an accurate reading on macro and calorie count. It really comes in handy when tracking carbs.
New to the ketogenic lifestyle? Well then, I invite you to check out more recipes from Leanne Vogel (a bonafide nutritionist!). Join the small village of people Leanne has helped to embrace low carb living!
Take care and, as always, stay healthy!
P.S. - DON’T FORGET TO FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST and FACEBOOK TO GET MORE GOODIES ON NATURAL HEALTH & WELLNESS TOPICS!
*Remember to check with a healthcare professional before making changes to your diet, including the introduction of supplements.
Research & Expert Opinions
10 Health Benefits of Low-Carb and Ketogenic Diets
Why You Should Pay Attention to Chronic Inflammation
Long-term effects of a ketogenic diet in obese patients
Ketogenic Diet Boosts Fat Loss + Fights Disease
Beyond weight loss: a review of the therapeutic uses of very-low-carbohydrate (ketogenic) diets